For the sake of time, today’s blog post will not focus on the many sources of Omega-3 fatty acids, but rather will only focus on two. Continue reading to learn more about Omega-3 fatty acids and their original source.
Fish Oil: The Popular Source
The first source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and likely the most recognizable, is fish oil. Fish oil is the natural oils that reside in the soft tissues of fish, often times in the form of triglycerides. In natural fish oils, only about 30 percent of the total oils contain Omega-3 rich nutrients known as eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), while the other 70 percent consists of other fatty acids.
While fish oil is proven to be an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids there is one thing that people fail to ask about it. Where do the Omega-3 fatty acids even come from in the first place? What most people don't know is that fish are not the primary producers of Omega-3 fatty acids, but instead the consumer of Omega-3’s primary producer.
Algae: The Primary Producer Of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
While fish has always been seen as the primary source of omega-3 fatty acids, the true creator is algae. In fact, the only reason that large fish can be found to have an abundance of Omega-3 fatty acids is that they have eaten smaller fish — smaller fish that have eaten algae, that is. The eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) that fish oil is known to be rich in actually originates from the underwater photosynthetic algal kingdom. Because of this, algal has much higher levels of DPA, as found by multiple studies.
Furthermore, algae are rich in far more than Omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA. Below, your source for health and wellness products the FarmMed Market has compiled a short list of some of the other beneficial substances that can be found in the oil of algae.
- Phytochemicals - While science has not quite been able to put their thumb on how phytochemicals work, it is known that they can provide positive benefits when ingested.
- Iodine & Other Minerals - Algae is known to absorb minerals like iodine, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. When algae or algal oil is consumed, the beneficial maritime minerals are also ingested.
Algal Organic Health Products
Very similarly to fish oil, algae can be created into an oily extract that can be used as a preventative natural health and wellness product. By taking an algal health product like Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel you can address common ailments and diseases that many people end up developing at one point or another in their lives. Essentially, by proving your body with Omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA in the form of products like the Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel health supplement online, you can improve your body’s fatty acid balance, resulting in increased bodily functions like cardiovascular health, nervous system function, increased immunity, memory and concentration improvements, improvements in mood, and body composition.
If you are interested in improving your health, we urge you to visit the FarmMed Market and to browse our extensive inventory of health supplements online, particularly that of the algae-based Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel.
Comparing Fish Oil To Algal Oil
Now that we have discussed what algae oil is — we, as a source of health supplements online, would like to discuss some of the major differences between algae oil and fish oil.
One of the largest difference between the two sources of Omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA are the methods in which the oils are collected and harvested.
- Fish Oil - Fish oil is a byproduct of fishing. Currently, global populations of fish are becoming endangered as a result of overfishing. In a study conducted by Stanford University in 2006, an international team of ecologists and economists predicted that by the year 2050 all global fisheries will collapse. That is just a short 22 years away.
- Algae Oil - Meanwhile, while global fisheries or on the verge of collapse, threatening international ecosystems, algae oil is harvested with absolutely no environmental impact. “How is this possible?” you might ask. Well, the algae that is used to extract algal oil is grown in a lab by experienced scientists. Now you don't have to feel bad about using health supplements online like the Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel.
Sadly, the ocean is full of contaminants as a result of humanity’s lackluster approach to conservation, meaning that:
- Fish Oil - Fish can be riddled with contaminants ranging from heavy metals to pesticides to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs). Additionally, within the last 20 years, mercury levels in the ocean have risen by over 30 percent, meaning your fish oil pills might not be so healthy after all.
- Algae Oil- Algae that is used to create algal oil for health supplements online like Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel are grown in a closed and controlled environment by bioengineers, meaning there are no foreign substances in the product.
Shop For Clean & Pure Health Supplements Online With The FarmMed Market
Omega-3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA are incredibly valuable to your health and wellness, as your body can see a multitude of improved functions as a result of absorption. While fatty acids are a necessary nutrient, not all methods of delivery are as healthy or as environmentally conscious as they may seem. By utilizing the power of healthy supplements online like the Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel from our FarmMed Market, you can get all of the health benefits with none of the negative baggage.
We urge you to try our algal wellness products like the Deva Vegan Omega-3 DHA Softgel today. Additionally, browse our inventory of other health supplements online in our store. If you have any questions about our health and wellness products, please don't hesitate to contact us.